Thursday 19 April 2007

possible temperal shift


Just to let you know, i went to see an NHS councellor yesterday, being refered from the hospital, to learn how i can control the feelings of anxiety and panic attacks when at work.
The guy was by himself, and it took 15 minutes of me ringing a buzzer at an obscure door at the back of a small theatre and then ringing a constantly engaged phone of which i eventually got an answer before being let in!
He explained that his colleagues were off sick and he was buy himself, but sit down.
He then explained that this was a triage session to determine the help i needed.
He asked whether i had
a) feelings of hopelessness .......tick
b)feelings of anxiety.............. thats what my referal said didnt it?
c) Did i have suicidal thoughts.......tick
d) What stopped me killing myself...........well that would be because i have the largest penis in the world and it would be a waste!.......mmm perhaps self worth?????
e) He then asked me to explain what happened when i had a pani.........sorry lewis the phone ringing have to answer it(this happened at least 5 times in 40 minte interview)
f) What coping mechanisms did i already have?????.......wasnt that why i was there to learn some??????
g)Phone ringing again......did i mind????
h)he then asked me to explain my dark thoughts to which i explained right now i was thinking of grabbing the phone and the computer he was using, stuffing it up his jacksy and then jumping on his belly till i got a broad band connection whereupon i could log on and get to this forum....my one true coping mechanism.
He then asked me to look through several work books on anxiety and panic attacks which are designed for you to work through and get you thinking why your gremlins are talking to you.
oh he then asked if i heard voices that wernt my own. I said constantly.....especially when i go out side :twisted:
to this he looked concerned, asked if i thought the work books would be useful, i replied in the affirmative.
he went to photocopy them and came back appologising because he had only managed to photocopy half of one work book before the photocopier broke down.
Not only does he now do broadband, he spouts complete pages of bollocks!
just remember people........
if anyone can; cannon can!
hugz
lewisxxx

3 comments:

Not Blank said...

Hey Lewis, I don't think you should go back to this counselor, you should probably report him to someone!
You're dealing with your anxiety and possible depression the way I dealt with mine (but I wasn't depressed - don't tell me I was depressed, manic - yes, mind reading abilities - yes, psychic - yes, just don't label me depressed and I don't want your stinking anti-depression drugs) - by writing about it here and on the forum, by using wit and humor to fight incompetence, by tapping into your very creative side.
But, you do have to do the entire marathon, I only had to do a half-marathon. You may want to think about seeing a different counselor and getting on some mild medication for the anxiety. (Whatever you do, you don't want that large penis going to waste!)
All the best,
uncertain

LaurieBluesGuy said...

alice Cooper, From the Inside, one of my favourite albums of all time.

It's got all of Toto playing as session musiicians. - Oh yeah, and as for the councillor - kill him and eat his flesh, it's the only way.

Lau

pixie said...

Hiya Lewis I love your blogg...Its a tough road to take but I think anti`d will get yo thru this as well as your humour and large penis...Will have to get a name for him tho....Perhaps next time I post..Cx