Monday 14 May 2007

side effects




Im in the bathroom , looking down the bowl


,feeling very sick and incredibly old


i knew what i put down there, just an hour before,


it wasnt very pretty, diarhoea is a bore.






So the rented accomodation i live in now


is getting to know me, my insides take a bow


Ive put on the most incredible show


toilet humour galore and my insides now glow!







Im taking imodium, motilium they said


its a stop and start gamble, due to the meds


I need some strategy, to begin to cope


cos along with my inerds, ive flushed down my hope.







What will the future hold for someone like me


Do they make a mobile toilet, with a built in TV?


I cant go more than thirty paces from the loo


do they make a harmorhoid cream with built in superglue?







So keep on smiling from the top to the bottom,


Cos inside im gurgling, and feeling quite rotten


So what will my doctor say on thursday morn?


My triglycerides are through the roof, i feel full of scorn







Blood tests for this, blood tests for that


ALT's, LFT's, Haemaglobin some more


CD4, viral loads,my veins are so sore


So here on the toilet, my butt is sat.







Im not after sympathy, or a sideways glance


but just to express, have my cheeks got a chance?


I hope all is well to you heppers on here


cos to me your all very very dear!






hugs
lewis

2 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Hi Lewis,

I Love the poem. It took me right back to last October when I had a similar bout which lasted a week or so! Just the once through the whole of tx...which was nice. MartinB from the Forum suggested imodium which stopped the flow in an instant;)
I have seen you over on the forum a bit and it looks as though we may well meet this weekend up at Chrissy & Jb's too which will be nice. You're driving my friend Ros to it aren't you? That is so very kind of you! Thats if you're not still going with the flow so to speak and trying to invent that mobile toilet with a built in tv;)

Hope you're better soon & see you at the weekend maybe.

Jae

P.s. Here is a post I did over on my blog about my experiences with the animals in London Loo;) if you're interested...; http://jasonpaultolmie.blogspot.com/2006/09/32nd-injection-shit-happensunrelated.html

leatheradventurer said...

jason thanks so much for your help,

your a star, im going to look down the toilet next time to see if i can find a shopping troley, basket, hey why not go the whole hog and look for a tesco's!

hugs

lewis