Thursday 10 May 2007

so here it, life goes on before me




I wake from my slumber, a glimpse of sunlight
bottled, and bright, and painful
It hurts my eyes, my soul, my heart
with a throbbing, thats there and dull.

Its another day, this world has bought,
i hear the trains as they rumble past,
wrenching dreams and hopes from those
who have these damn viruses that last.

We have hep c virus, the devil incarnate
to deal with, slay and berate
some may be coinfected with HIV as we wait
on the life stage with fate.

Injections and medications, potions and tinctures galore
What is it that we did in a previous life
i hope we had, fun, frollicks and more.

As i open my eyes to this world out there
people buzzing and whirling and rushed
i am inside my box with its windows
afraid to go out and be pushed.

Were they pushed, did they jump or just fall
from the heavenly stage we're meant to atain,
Were we stabbed in the heart with a virus gun
our soul spreading the pavement with stain.

Ribivirin, interferon, kaletra
and kivexa; poisonous hope
reach deep down inside me,
grab these viral rough cowboys and grope.
Wrench them from my baterred body,
throw me down again
My Tattered soul of beginnings,
my innocence crying in pain

As i open my eyes on this dim light of day, another day begins,
as i push at the walls of my confinement
they begin to push back and gain.

The furniture begins to move inwards, the television begins to fall
Its these damn viral infections inside of me
that form such a tall inpenitrable wall.

So here it is, the state of play, the game on the chess board of life
Are you a rook, a bishop, a king ,queen or a pawn
in need of a very sharp knife.

These black and white squares confuse me,
Which way shall i move, which strategy take?
For its ultimate chess i must play,
where the stakes are our lives or insanity strives
A guess, a direction i must make.

So as i open the curtains and look outside,
the city breathes in and moves, it looks forward, always forward
And i sit in my box far removed.
I have been stolen from time, plucked, placed apart
Waiting for these viral infections to die

It is me, you and them where this fight does begin
This final battle of will
For my heart will not die, will not wither not go
Its the curse of forward motion,
just stay, rest and be still.

hugz

No comments: